Monday, November 20, 2006

So yesterday was Shro's Grey Cup party. It was a really good time. All the usual suspects were there plus a few extras - all under 3 ft tall. It's still kind of weird being at a paddler party where there are children running around but they're cool because they're paddler babies.
Anyway, our usual poker group was there. I didn't bother getting in on the first game - too many people - so I watched Borat on Derek's big tv. Oh, we also watched some football. Eve won the first $10 bucks in the pool, next was Duke for $30 and Connor won the big pool - can't remember but I think it was $100 or something. Kyle won the first poker game which means he's broken the run of bad luck. BTW, if any of these guys owes you money better give them a call!
Amy and Shro had put out tons of food...appetizers, some really excellent chili (in two temperatures) and later, jalapeno poppers. Oh yeah, and endless popcorn to go with the endless second poker game.
Speaking of which, I did pretty well - pot was a couple hundred - I was in the final two. But honestly, how can you concentrate when your opponent (Shro) is doing a Borat impersonation. He started every sentence with "Gypsy..." as in, "Gypsy, who is this woman you have shrunk? I will look through your treasures, gypsy. Is this understood? " and "Gypsy, I tire of this game. Let us finish so I can go to PG." After about 20 minutes of this, I couldn't even pay attention to the action. I went all-in a couple of times hoping for a quick out but kept winning back chips. Argh. It was the fall classic all over again. I don't think I got home until after midnight and, even though I set my alarm, did not get up for boxing on Monday morning. In fact I'm bagged right now.

No comments: