Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fall has arrived. Dammit. 
I was hoping for an extended summer but resistance is futile - from now on it's neoprene or nothing. My feet are pretty cold when I come off the water without socks or booties. Last night was flat, the water clear  & green all the way out. A big difference from the past week or so. We've had high winds and waves. The sand has been scraped up off the bottom and dumped at the beach edge so that stepping into the water,  you immediately sink ankle-deep into sand. And you can see the bottom all the way out - exposed rock and weeds.
The lake temperature today is 63f and a gale warning is in effect (source Environment Cananda). I have a hair appointment (with Seb's dad!) right after work so I don't even need to make the decision. No paddling tonight.



No comments: