Friday, September 22, 2006

I was over the drip-painting thing about 2 minutes after I posted it.

Last night was my first workout at the Toronto School of Circus Arts . No, I'm not going to be a clown so you can stop making jokes about my little bike. Think Cirque du Soleil. Actually, think Cirque Sublime, the Toronto-based version of Soleil, which trains out of this facility. Our instructor, Laura, is one of the performers.
Facing another winter of yoga and Pilates workouts, I decided to augment them with the flexibility and acrobatics courses offered here. It's a fun environment what with the flying trapeze, silks, trampolines and other paraphernalia. I can't wait until I'm semi-competent and able to try all of the equipment. At the moment, I'm just working on my splits and back bends. There were about 10 people in the group last night of various ages and backgrounds. Most are dancers or gymnasts (read: young & ridiculously flexible) and it would have been intimidating if I hadn't already had the ego beaten out of me by a pink Hody and the Credit River.

No comments: