Monday, April 14, 2008

Click here for a good article on Adam's training leading up to Beijing. Rob Longley did a great job of describing life at the Pines. Reading it immediately put me back there and made me smile. The grey cubicle with the grimey window overlooking the 427 actually disappeared for a few minutes.

Most of you know that I've been thinking about moving to a downtown condo in a year or two but I may have to rethink that plan. There's a lot to be said about living in a great community like Port Credit. Aside from the obvious benefits of being close to the lake and trail system so many of our friends are still living here. Yesterday, after a discouraging weekend of clearing out my parents' house, I couldn't stand to be stuck inside anymore. I headed toward Clarkson with a vague intention of hitting Shoppers and Starbucks, avoiding the tempting shelves of red wine at the liquor store and then swinging back home through the marsh.
Instead, I ran into Carrie and Charlie on their way to the bank! We had a coffee at Tim Horton's and Carrie invited me back to their's for a bit. Charlie is a sweetheart - she's so happy and SO active! Running into them was just what I needed after such a dismal day.

No comments: