Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm a big collector of music. Tv is a great source - commercials, themes from shows, credits - especially since the stigma of "selling out" has been removed. If I hear a song I like, I hunt it down on youtube or google - great resources when you don't know the name of the artist. Today, I went looking for the song "New Soul" from the most recent Macbook "Air" commercial. A search of Feist's listing came up empty. I just assumed it was Feist - it sounds like Feist, they used 1-2-3-4 in the iPOD commercial. Anyway, as it turns out, it's an artist named Yael Naim. Love the song, love the video! Maybe girls can relate more to this but this reminds me of every new start I've made in my life - my first apartment, holding my son for the first time, first home of my own, first time in a new country...all great memories. Anyway, it's worth a watch if you have the time...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love Yael...I saw an interview with her recently on Ellen.

Lynne said...

and isn't it always the way? Suddenly her name and music keeps popping up everywhere!