Sunday, January 17, 2010

Life is pretty active - especially for mid-january.

Even though I've wrecked my foot, I have a couple of weekends planned in Collingwood. Doing lots of repair work around the house - fixing broken shower & broken toilet, hanging new shower curtain rods - yes, the bathrooms need to be gutted and replaced.

I'm also hoping to start tearing out those ugly kitchen cabinets installed in the laundry room so I can set up my silk screening stuff and possibly put in a darkroom. god, I have no idea where I put the enlarger when I moved.

the weekend wasn't all work - I did some fun stuff too. Among other things, Tammy and Greg had another party - this time for their birthdays - Tammy's was Jan. 2 and Greg's was Jan 15 (I think). There was also a retirement party for Kyle at the canoe club but I had another committment after the Seckos' and didn't make it over. I'm sure it was great. Several people stopped by the birthday party on their way over to the club. And Mike R. actually brought his new girlfriend, Kim. It was nice to finally meet her, she didn't say much - just let Mike do all the talking.

The earthquake in Haiti is obviously on everyone's radar. I was just watching the Golden Globes and it's NBC's focus for the night. Ribbons abound. Maybe trying to take the spotlight off their late night foul-up. People in the community definitely have strong opinions about NBC trying to shove Conan out so Jay Leno can have his old slot back at the Tonight Show.
It was raining as celebrities walked up the red carpet. Billy Bush asked Tina Fey if she minded the rain and she deadpanned, "That's not rain, god is crying for NBC." And did Julia Roberts just say "NBC is in the toilet!"?? I think she did.

I like the GGs - they are generally less formal than other awards shows and the actors seem more relaxed and happy. Both John Lithgow and Michael C. Hall won for Dexter - awesome (and don't be dissing Michael's hat, it's a cancer treatment-related accessory).
Nicole Kidman was a presenter but holy crap, her nipples were sticking out so far, I have no idea what she was saying. I spent the whole time trying to figure out if they were hers or one of those bras with the built in nipples. To top it off, she was wearing a blush pink dress of sheer satin so not only were they at attention, they showed really dark through the fabric...and one was pointing slightly skyward.
Anyway, after watching Drew and Meryl babble-stammer through their thank you's, I decided I'd watch the highlights on CH131 tomorrow.

No comments: