Wednesday, November 09, 2011


Our fall/winter training group is working out really well! Last weekend wasn't really organized - I just posted an FB status the night before, saying where and when. Four of us went to Hilton Falls, had a great run, beautiful weather and then hit up a local hobby farm for breakfast afterwards. They just happened to have corn mazes, slides, hay bail playground and a country store.
The benefits of a training group can't be overstated. My running this week has improved - I'm more motivated and my workouts are focused on getting better instead of just maintenance. I'm not the only one. I've received emails from everyone saying how good it felt to get together and break out of our routines.
.

This week, I'm doing it right. I sent an email out to 15 or so people with a proposed outline for the winter, indicating they should let me know if they want off the list. Only one person asked to be removed because their kids have too many weekend activities, they'll never be free (at least for this winter). I'm curious to see who shows up this weekend!

ps Rachel, let me know when you're home so I can keep you in the loop!

No comments: