Sunday, December 11, 2011

I can't believe how productive I was this weekend. I finally got my two stand up boards out of the living room and hung on the wall of my garage. It's so much better having them out there and I can't say why it seemed to be such a big task all summer. Although, every time I went out there to assess the situation I was confronted with a wall full of garden tools - both manual and electric, shelves, random nails and bolts in the studs, a ladder, chains, ropes. Really it was just a mess and I couldn't figure out a spot where it could all be rehung or stored.  In the end, I moved it to any available spot - planning to organize it properly a bit at a time. 
One of the reasons for the clean up was because I was stuck at home for a big part of the weekend - I sold a bunch of furniture and had to be here for people to come and pick it up. So not only did I make a few hundred dollars, I gained back another 6 feet of garage space! 
That inspired me to get rid of a bunch of stuff that I've been keeping around for no reason (other than thinking someone would pay cash for my garbage). The donation bin by HomeSense now has a basketball backboard, hoop and mounting hinge, 2 pairs of skis with boots, poles and bindings (circa 1989), a box of Ryan's books from his childhood (mostly Calvin & Hobbes and horror stories - Clive Barker & the like) and a 6x6 piece of mint green, never used carpet, left by the previous owners of my house. It was stowed up in the garage rafters so I didn't know it was there for the longest time. 
Now I just have to get rid of that couch, ottoman and wing chairs. They're going cheap if you know anyone who needs a place to sit -  $200 for the lot!

No comments: