Sunday, May 21, 2006

We did our Saturday morning practice in C-1 and then headed out to West Rouge (Frenchman's Bay) in the afternoon. The Dish, the Beav, Mrs. Chief and I went out in two OC-2s. It was a great day for outrigger! There was a strong westerly wind so we headed for the Rouge River and took a quick tour up to see what's new. Marisha and I both grew up in the area so it was a nice little nostalgia break. The trip back was a lot of fun as we were able to ride the rollers in but I'm looking forward to getting some actual coaching so as to do it more effectively. I'd forgotten what a blight the nuclear power plant is on the horizon but I guess we can thank it for water temperatures that are slightly higher than other parts of the lake. The whole trip took about 90 minutes. Afterward, Mr. and Mrs. Chief fired up the bbq and we had a little birthday celebration for Karen. Birdy and Ryan dropped by and made it a party. I should have gone to On the Curve afterward, Kim Inglis was in town for a princess reunion (Andrea's stag & doe) but I was wiped out.
Sunday was pretty uneventful except that I found out they've opened a French Connection at Sherway!! A quick visit and I'm poorer by a few hundred $$.

Oh, brutal. I just finished watching (or I should say fast-forwarding through) Brokeback Mountain. What a crummy movie. If you haven't seen it by now, my suggestion is don't waste your time and money...

No comments: