Monday, December 11, 2006

Yesterday was the Chilly Willy. I couldn't fit it into my day but the guys came over for poker last night so I heard some of the results. Duke won the 10k followed by Adam, Kyle then Mehak. And some guy (non-paddler) did the 21km in 1:08 !!? I think the weather was the best the Chilly's ever had - sunny and about 6 degrees with a bit of a headwind on the way back.
As for poker, we only played two games and Duke won both...I'm getting really tired of being in the final two all the time and not winning. I really need to work on my bluffing. I also think we need to switch the times - we often start at 4 or 5 pm which means no dinner. So last night we ate half a bag of ridiculously salty pretzels before deciding that pizza was in order. Happens every Sunday - junk food overload.
Watched American History X after that - I'd forgotten what a powerful movie it is. And Edward Norton - so good. I had to change the channel at the point where he stomps on the kid's head though. I blame the pretzels and skunky Calsberg (or does it always taste that way? I've got to stop drinking the stuff left over from parties).

No comments: