Sunday, May 13, 2007

I think I may have had the Perfect Mother's Day weekend. I had a great run and respectable paddle time for the national team testing on Saturday morning. Jackie dropped by the canoe club just as we were finishing up. She brought some of the cookbooks she published. I can't wait to try some of the recipes. They're a fundraiser for the arthritis society. Jackie was supposed to hike Machu Picchu in the fall but won't be able to due to a little bump in...her...err...belly. I believe all key people already know that she's pregnant so hopefully I'm not blowing the surprise for anyone. She looks great in spite of a little morning sickness! Anyway, she has lots of cookbooks left so let her (or me) know if you'd like one - $10.

On Saturday afternoon, Eve and I headed down to the Toronto FC game. There were a couple hundred Chicago fans there who had bussed in to support the Fire so it was especially sweet that TFC won 3 -1!


Ryan and Courtney had to work on Mother's day so they came over Saturday night. We went for an outrigger paddle on the river and then they took me out for dinner and on Sunday I spent some time with my parents.

National Team trials #2 were in Montreal this past weekend. The senior team is away in Europe so results were pretty much as expected. Here's the link if you're interested in times.



No comments: