Saturday, May 26, 2007

So apparently I'm not the only one with a little crush on George Stroumboulopoulos. (okay, his name requires far too much typing. From now on he'll be referred to simply as G.S.). Anyway, I was at a baby shower for Carrie tonight (she looks fabulous btw) where Sarah's sister and I compared notes on The Hour in general and the fox quotient of G.S. specifically. She's convinced he's already married. Meh. It takes away slightly from said f.q. but I've been addicted to The Hour since the first time I saw it, I'll still be a fan.
Before the taping the other night, G.S. came out to where we were lined up and introduced himself to each person. He seemed very sincere. In fact, when we shook hands he made very pointed eye contact, being sure I was completely engaged before shifting his focus to the next person. Impressive since I assume he does that for each show. At no time did his persona change; on-camera, off-camera, it's the same guy. And that guy is articulate, funny, informed, compassionate, quick-witted and completely comfortable in his own skin...
I believe the thing that draws me to him, I mean the show, is that my heart rate actually slows while I listen to him talk. I don't know if it's the timbre of his voice or a particular rhythm to his speech but guys, if you ever want to consider yourselves seducers of women, learn to do this. (note: I think Alan Cross has similar appeal).
I used to see G.S. in the Chapters/Starbucks at Richmond & John a lot and I always just thought, oh hey look, dude from Much Music. Now I wish I had approached him and had a conversation since he's such an interesting guy and seems very open to that type of contact. On second thought, it's probably better that I didn't. There's a big difference between being approached by an audience member in your studio and by a stranger out in public when all you want is a cup of coffee... Anyway, watch The Hour or go to a taping and let me know what you think.

No comments: