Thursday, August 16, 2007

Louise, Mia and Jonathon have moved to Hong Kong. I like to be able to picture my friends when they're far away and in new environments but that's not always easy with photos and written descriptions. Of course it helps that I've been to Hong Kong but I never visited the area where their new home is situated - Repulse Bay. Louise's first photos immediately brought back memories of the overwhelming humidity but I still couldn't get a handle on where they were. So, unless I wanted to forever picture them at the Regal Riverside in Shatin or the Hong Kong "Y" on Salisbury Road, I figured I'd better pull some stalker-ish behaviour and look up their address on Google Earth. So here's the general area...

Nice beach, Louise!

There's some pretty fantastic architecture here but most of it is out of the shot...



Here's Repulse Bay in relation to Hong Kong (upper left)


I'm really jealous of Louise. I loved Hong Kong and considered getting a job at one of the Canadian schools there after meeting a group of teachers at a bar in Wan Chai. They were really drunk because school had finished that day and they were heading home to Halifax. They offered to hook me up with a job at one of these private schools but of course by the end of the night we still hadn't exchanged contact information. They went straight from the bar to the airport and I left for Guangzhou (Canton) a day later.
Anyway, I'm wishing you guys all the best in your new home. Hopefully I'll get a chance to come visit while you're still living there!

No comments: