Sunday, February 10, 2008

Even though I've been a little...umm...lazy this weekend, I did get out a bit. I was really grateful to Alyson who shook me out of my inertia to go for a run on Saturday night. It was warm enough for there to be melt water but cold enough to form black ice on the roads . We decided to run on the sidewalks for traction but since half of our route was low ground, we got massive soakers. And you couldn't see the puddles coming in the dark! It was great though to just run and talk. We used to run together a lot when Alyson was still paddling and I didn't realize how much I miss talking to her. Lately, we're rarely together unless we're doing a workout at the gym.

On Sunday, as mentioned, it was ridiculously cold for this area. I bundled up and went for a walk in the marsh and didn't run into one other person the whole time. While most of my body was swathed in wool, goosedown and sheepskin, my poor thighs were only covered by a layer of denim. They were BURNING about 10 minutes in and by the 40 minute mark, felt like they had swelled to twice their size!

Unlike the last time I took a hike during a storm (when I couldn't hear anything over the sound of crashing waves), this time the wind was howling and the lake was quiet. It was almost shocking to stand on the beach, protected from the wind, listening to small waves lap as they climbed the beach.



Am I the only one who's tired of Kanye West and his, "my momma's a saint" posturing? I'm guessing that I've got lots of company after last night's Grammy performances (both the singing and the acceptance speech).
I have to admit, they did seem to start the music a little sooner than normal on his speech but for him to pretend that mentioning his mamma means the world should stop so he can finish thanking her properly is a bit OTT. Do it on your own time, jack. It was also a little weird, the whole, "last night you came to me in my dreams and now I can't wait to go to sleep." thing. I mean, I'm a mom but I would be really worried if my kid was saying stuff like that. The guys at work tell me that he's a tiny guy, 5'3" or something so maybe that has something to do with it. Whatever, it still spells i.s.s.u.e.s....

No comments: