Monday, March 17, 2008

I'll write more about training camp later. I just have time to post this update on Chrissy in Australia. She's been taking her bronze medallion to become a lifesaver at Bondi Beach. Of the workouts, she writes;



"...we have to practice this run/swim/run a couple times a week. It's only 200m, if that, of swimming and a total of 100m of running, but let's just say I'm third in the water and not even close to third coming out???!!! These darn Ausies! How do they do it? I can't even begin to explain how heavy my legs feel trying to run out of the water after swimming... seems so easy on Baywatch?! (not even going to mention how hard it is to run on soft sand - that's another story and skill to be learned later) The good news, I've been practicing my swimming so was heaps better today - mind you, the surf was pretty calm ... Above is a pic of our Bronzy Group. Our theory and practical tests are coming up. If I pass that - no more goofy orange hat... it's straight to the cool red and yellow one!"

Hmm, that gives me an idea for a photoshop... Check back in a couple of days.

No comments: