Thursday, March 13, 2008

We've been really lucky with the weather (I know, not so much at home). It's been beautiful! We're doing lots of paddling but yesterday was our day off. I drove down to Dunedin thinking I'd get a ticket to the afternoon Jays game after doing some shopping. Once I got there though, I didn't feel like shopping and the game was about 6 hours away. After briefly considering the rental bikes available along the Pinellas trail, I decided to drive to Clearwater. Best idea yet! I got there early so there was no backup on the causeway, easy parking and lots of prime beach real estate. Ahhhhhhh. After a couple of hours, I went for a walk along the main drag. There's a lot of construction going on - mostly condos replacing outdated hotels. Nothing much to see - the same sorry surf shop chains that you see at Cocoa, selling the same cheap sweatshop, self-promoting t-shirts. I headed back.

The traffic around Dunedin was crazy and I had kind of bonked from not eating so decided to pass on the game. Too bad - they won. I took a short walk through Tarpon Springs and then hit the Lime in the Coconut (shake-it-all-up) for a conch salad and to hang for the rest of the afternoon. Around 5 I dropped by the bayou to go for an AYF paddle but there were no boats available. Ended up watching the other group doing their 2K time controls.
Eve, Chanda & I had dinner at the Lime in the Coconut. We watched the Cincy and Pittsburgh college ball game. The bar cat kept coming in and trying to junp up on the chairs at the next table. The server apologized each time she came to collect him and explained he wanted to go sleep there since it was so cold outside. Keep in mind we were wearing tanks and jeans. We had team boats in the morning so called it a night as soon as we got home.

No comments: