Monday, June 23, 2008

Weird how the internet is making the world even smaller.
I'm a member of an outrigger site that's a lot like facebook. I dropped by the home page today which, among other things, displays the profiles of people who most recently joined the group. I was completely shocked to see this photo attached to one of the profiles since I have it in an album at home. It's from 1999 and a group of us are posing with some of the Italian men's team in front of the db race course in Hong Kong. I didn't realize other paddlers, besides our Canadian teammates were taking pics of us goofing around with these guys but it seems to be the case. This person's profile says they're from Hong Kong via the Bahamas. Everything in the photo is identical to the one I have except they've cropped a couple of us out. That's Colleen on the right with her arms around the guys. To her right was another guy and then me.
huh. It's not really that weird. I mean, we're all aware that we appear in strangers' photos - but we rarely stumble across them in the great wide-open. Actually, the most random thing is why this person would choose this particular photo as a profile pic for an outrigger website that was launched this year. Surely they have paddling photos taken in the last decade that actually include them or the sport in the photo).

No comments: