Friday, October 31, 2008

Since this is a work in progress, I decided to split it up.

So, where was I...? Oh yeah...

On Friday night Mac had arranged for 10 tickets to the Raptors season opener. I asked where they got the tickets and the boys said, "Mac's daughter." Did they know which one? Ian could barely contain himself, "The HOT one. She works at the ACC". Both Mac's daughters are attractive but since we're dealing with teenage boys, I knew who they meant. There weren't enough tickets for all of them so, since Yevgeniy had assignments to hand in and isn't a big fan of b-ball, he opted out. I felt bad for him. Seriously, do you have to love a sport in order to take free tix to a major league season's opener?? So I took him to the Q for dinner. Added bonus, I don't have to cook!

I should note here that both boys are typical paddlers, very outgoing and comfortable in all situations. There was no awkwardness at all as we sat talking. Yevgeniy had already asked me a couple of times what the drinking age was in Canada. I don't know why he expected it to change overnight but I told him again that it was 19 unless he wanted to take the train to Quebec. Forget that he doesn't even look 18 and 15 year old Ian had a better chance of being served!

Yevgeniy told me about his college courses while we looked over the menu. He's in engineering - electrical - and exhibited classic engineer qualities when it came time to order. The Q has great burgers and you have 3 choices...
Titanic Burger
Handmade eight ounce sirloin beef patty/bacon/cheddar & mozzarella/sautéed onion/mushroom/green pepper/tomato/lettuce/ red onion/dill pickle/sesame bun

Mushroom Swiss Burger
Handmade eight ounce sirloin beef patty/sautéed mushroom
Swiss cheese/tomato/lettuce/red onion/dill pickle/sesame bun

Crooked Cue Burger
Handmade eight ounce sirloin beef patty/tomato
lettuce/ red onion/dill pickle/sesame bun


Jules was our server and asked if we were ready to order.

Yevgeniy: "I'll have the Titanic Burger."

Jules: "Good choice."

Yevgeniy: "But can you leave off the bacon, sauteed onions, mushrooms & green pepper?"

Jules: stares at him for a minute, pencil poised, and then says, "So you want the Crooked Cue Burger with cheese?"

Yevgeniy: "Ummmm, yeah."

This exchange really cracked me up.

No comments: