Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I remember how I felt after the last presidential election, when I learned that George W. Bush had won. The overwhelming disappointment to know that an entire country had just rolled over and taken it. (my first edit was a little more concise but I didn't want to say "ass-fucking" on my blog....erm...sooo anyway...)
This feels better - brighter day and all that. Exciting times. The media are talking about the US "making history" by electing a black president. Uh huh, history in evolution. They're finally joining the rest of the planet where ethnicity, gender doesn't necessarily determine a person's ability to lead.
Countries with leaders of differing ethnicity is not as easy to boil down to a Google search but click to view a list of female presidents and prime ministers .

No comments: