Friday, June 12, 2009

Thanks for the comments and support from my last post. I know you completely understand what it's about.

I'm trying out all kinds of new things. Nothing has really clicked the way paddling did but it's an interesting social experiment. There's an unexpected negative side to being single past a certain age. I love the tennis and salsa lessons but there comes a time when it's difficult to progress without a regular partner. Rock climbing is also on the agenda but once I get past the initial instruction, I can't just show up at Rattlesnake Point with my gear and a warm smile... that would have worked 15 years ago but not anymore.

Okay, now I'm just making excuses. There are all kinds of groups looking for people to join them on excursions - rock-climbing, cycling, running, adventure racing. The irony is, I'm too busy at the moment to take up anything new. That'll all change in the next month as my language & dance classes plus one of my coaching commitments end.

No comments: