Thursday, August 13, 2009

I had my first sleepless night in a long time. It was definitely one of those wide-awake and worried nights but not for anything specific. I woke up around 2am and was still lying there reading The Beckham Experiment at 5:45 so I got up and went to the club to paddle. I felt pretty good all morning, propped up by coffee, I supposed, but it's hellish now and I have to go into a meeting.
I had my doctor's appointment. His diagnosis - Dupuytren's contracture. While paddling has nothing to do with the cause, he's suggested wearing a glove when I paddle might cut down on aggravation. Hmmm. Yeah, I don't know about that. Anyway, I'm not thrilled about it but he said it probably won't affect me much for a few more years. Most commomly, the ring and baby fingers curl in toward the palm so it shouldn't interfere with my paddling or playing the guitar. At the worst, I may have to opt for surgery in a decade or so.
On my way back to work, I returned Karen's call. She said she's coming down to paddle K1 this afternoon so we're going out for dinner after practice. I guess I'll find out what's up with her and chief.

No comments: