Wednesday, August 12, 2009

So...those of us stuck in Ontario have decided we've just hit that point in the year where it's difficult to stay motivated in training. Add to that what's happening out in Halifax - without us!!! Anyway, in spite of nice weather, it was pretty quiet at the club. Oh, except for the exchange students from Spain and France. They were sure having a good time out in the dbs!
Last night, the women's team practice for 90 minutes out on the lake. I couldn't believe that Jessica actually flew in from New York! Doug was her coach for the junior national team back in the day (when Blake was also on it). She sat with us at Jenn & Trent's wedding and Blake and I took turns telling her what a great crew we were and how we'd love to have her come out.
After practice we went out for a team building drink. Not all of us know each other but honestly, I mostly sat with people I already know. I heard some funny shit like Sheila K. thinks this team, which includes many former national team paddlers, was put together to challenge the current national team. Baahhaaaha. For sure Gavin thinks it too. Dumb bitches. I stayed at the bar later than I wanted to but it was a really fun time.
I've got an appointment tomorrow morning for Dr. McL. to look at this lump that's growing in the palm of my left hand. If not for Mark O. I might not even notice it. Naw, I would. I've had problems with my middle finger for several months and then the past couple of weeks a lump appeared and just started getting bigger. More than anything, I just want confirmation that it's nothing to worry about. It's on my top hand so I'm hoping it's just something caused by paddling but considering I'm finally changing sides after 15 years of paddling right, does that makes sense? The worry for me is it's not on a bony part of my hand, otherwise I'd just think it was a bone spur. Fingers crossed that's what it turns out to be.

No comments: