Monday, September 07, 2009

I was a bit of a waste-oid this weekend. Did quite a bit of paddling - well, until Sunday. Sometime during my Saturday afternoon paddle, I pulled something deep under my shoulderblade - it hurts to breath.

I should have known better, it's never a great paddle at that time of day on a sunny Saturday. There are so many big cruisers entering/leaving the harbour or cutting a line straight between Toronto and Port Dover that it's a constant bathtub wash no matter how far out you go. I didn't notice I had strained something until I woke up Sunday morning. I thought the strain would ease as I moved around so headed off to Memorial Park to meet up with some Barclay-Boyds and Budays.

I arrived a couple of minutes early and, as I made an uncomfortable loop around the playground, realized how out of place I looked without a child in tow. (Louise and I were laughing about it later - how I should have pulled out my camera and given mono-syllabic descriptions into my cell phone, just to complete the playground lurker image.) I was just about to go find a distant vantage point when I saw Louise and Jonathon lifting Mia and then Tristan out of the family SUV. Mia had been under the impression that the "Lynne" they were going to meet, was a new playmate.When she saw me crossing the playground, she said "Mummy, is she older than me?" Poor kid...play date let-down! Fortunately, Attila and Charlie found us a few minutes later. The guys took the girls out into the playground and that's the last we saw of them until they tired out.
Louise and I took Tristan in his stroller to a bench and got caught up. Tristan is such a sweetheart! I got a big smile right away and he's an equal mix between Louise & Jonathon - blonde haired and blue-eyed he looks more like Jonathon than Mia did as a baby.
Later that night, Carrie, Louise and I headed into Port Credit to check out the newly renovated Roc 'n Docs. It's nice and so great to finally have a rooftop patio in town. They have to shut down at 10pm because the area is residential but hopefully that will change.

No comments: