Monday, September 07, 2009

I woke up this morning intending to visit my parents in their respective nursing homes but never even got out of the house until 1:00pm. I was able to accomplish some stuff though - paying bills, laundry, that sort of thing. I couldn't paddle anyway so I guess it was worth it.

In the afternoon I headed over to Chrissy's MBA graduation barbecue. I picked up some flowers for her at my favourite shop on Lorne Park Rd. There were a dozen friends already there when I arrived. Oh man, I couldn't believe the amount of food her mom had prepared. Chrissy brought me a glass of sangria and I sat down to catch up with everyone. Jeff and Del were in charge of grilling and there was nothing to do but socialize.


After the amazing meal her nephew, Savaun, circulated with trays of champagne and we toasted Chrissy's success. Then there was ice cream cake.


Then there was another cake.


It was a fun afternoon and I hope to see more of Chrissy now that she's not in school.

No comments: