Saturday, February 20, 2010

So tired this past week. And for no reason. Anyway, I've booked my vacation and have something to look forward to in March.
Carrie and I co-hosted the book club at my house on Tuesday. It was so great to see everyone after a particularly long break between meetings. Co-hosting worked out really well too - Carrie brought the food, I bought the wine. I thought most of the women drank white so bought 3 white, 3 red. As it turned out, I should have just picked up 6 bottles of red. Through the entire night I only poured one glass of white. And boy, did these ladies need a night out! They're all young mothers and I forget how restrictive their lives are. Actually, Lee Anne brought her new little girl - just 7 days old (can that be right? I have to check). And Lisa brought her little girl who must be 6 months or so. Both left early. We took longer than usual socializing but did finally get around to discussing the selection - Book of Negroes --by Lawrence Hill.
I was so tired the next day, I skipped my usual spin workout and went to bed early. Still tired on Thursday and skipped SST as well. I hope this is just a seasonal thing. Maybe I've just become lazy (lazier).
For Friday, I reminded Chanda to show up early for paddle pool so we could jump in with the kayakers but unfortunately their workout was switched to the morning. Rumour is that someone in the paddlesport group complained about them overlapping into our time (btw, the masters called & they want you in their program). It's actually so much better to do the workout with the kayakers but whatever. I'll be in warm, sunny, salty place soon.
On Saturday, Excel gym hosted a spinathon for Eve. I did an hour at 11am (which means I got out of bed at 10:25 - shameful). I believe it was organized by Carrie's parents but I got requests from different people to fill bikes so I'm not sure - maybe it was a group effort. I hadn't been there before so it was cool to check out a new facility in the neighbourhood. They ran the hour like a spin class and it was fairly tough. Bonus - oranges and Starbucks coffee were provided!
Since there were a couple of slots open in the afternoon (the spin ran from 7-7) I promised to see if the paddlesport group wanted to take part. There were only 3 of us but one really wanted to do paddle pool.
I went home and slept for an hour before heading back to the canoe club for Rachel's wig party. Tons of people turned up - wearing wigs - it was completely awesome. I also had the winning bid on the Crayola silent auction package. Guess what your kids are getting for presents...Pics are up on fb.

No comments: