Monday, June 28, 2010

This has been a great week. I had Monday off and slept in. Stopped by Starbucks and ran into two of my favourite people - Laurie and Sylvie (btw, are you both french?). We had coffee and just as I was about to leave, Eve showed up (in her new C-fit T). She was meeting Rachel and since L & S were leaving, I sat down with them for a minute. Rachel's little boy William is a sweetie with one of those heart-cheering grins.

I headed home to a big pile of laundry after that. yish. It would have been tolerable if I could've tuned into Ch131 while I folded but my internet connection was boned. Just as I'd get on a roll writing an email or watching True Blood it would crap out.

Monday night we had db  - a 6k time control. Dray came down to help out and ended up driving the motorboat and shooting video. Larry and Stringer also came out in their oc-1s. Eve & I were pretty insulted when we noticed Larry had a resistor on his boat. About 250m into it, he suddenly shot ahead and I thought, "Sheesh, make us feel bad - like you can't even paddle slow enough to stay with us." About 150m later I realized it was because he'd removed the resistor. The other crew was missing 2 paddlers and had a 2 minute headstart. We maintained a 52 stroke rate throughout the piece and caught the other boat before the halfway point so we were happy. No joke, I am so glad I do all that long distance paddling.

Afterwards we had Bud light lime and pizza while we watched the vidi. I was doing something retarded with my arm - I'd gotten a crimp in my shoulder during the first 10  strokes and never actually worked it out. Somehow in countering it, I tightened my bottom forearm and now it feels like mild tendonitis - probably a combo of mouse-working and paddling. We worked out our rooms for New York (New York!!) - Alyson, Eve, Rachel, Chrissy, Chanda and me in a 2-bedroom suite. Sweet!

No comments: