Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I went to bed with a plan - the wind is coming from the southwest so if the weather channel showed no lightning for Wednesday, I'd head to Honeymoon Island and do a downwinder to Tarpon. I set my alarm for 6:45.
The early morning weather showed rolling thunderstorms all day. Bob was taking Jeanie and Katrina to the new Dali museum in St. Petersburg and they invited me along.
I have to tell you, when they first asked me I declined because I thought they were saying the "Dolly" museum. Made sense since Katrina's 8 and has a closet-full of dolls.
When we arrived I could tell I'd missed a primo paddling opportunity. The wind was huge! Still, the museum was really good and worth the trip and it was another successful day. The Indy had been in St. Pete's the weekend before so we had to park down near the water and take a shuttle to the museum. The museum was packed. Since its also march break down here, there were lots of school kids and a ton of tours going through.
The collection is very good - the estate of a couple from this area who were dedicated to collecting the works of Dali. And the building itself is unique.
After checking things out and a quick, spanish-influenced lunch at the cafe, we walked back into St. Petersburg.
What a beautiful waterfront! Katrina wanted to check out a couple of trees we had seen from the shuttle so we went in search of them. In our wandering, we found a frozen yogurt shop and a couple of interesting shops. I bought some items that might be gifts for other people, might be gifts for me! In one shop, the lady wanted the name of the jewelry I was wearing. I gave her the Stella & Dot website and she told me to expect to see it in her shop next year. That's the 2nd time in as many days that someone has asked for info on where I got those pieces.

No comments: