Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Well, I'm back to living in Crazy Town. After a great dinner at Hiro's last night (good sushi if you're in the area), Jeanie and Bob got into a raging fight after I went to bed. Even the dog was freaking out, barking while they yelled at each other. I have no idea what it was about (the night before it was because she'd found a text he'd sent to one of the paddlers who had tipped at the race, saying that she looked hot when she was wet). At some point, Bob must have pocket dialed me. My cell rang and I could hear the first few words of the fight before I hung up and put my earplugs in.
This morning I woke up around 5:45am and didn't even try to get back to sleep. Just went to Starbucks until it was light enough to go paddle. I put in at Anclotte River Park again. I met Pete's and then Tomi's new groups of paddlers as they came up the river. After my workout, I sat on the beach with the rest of my coffee, trying to work up the enthusiasm to go for a stand up paddle. In the end, I decided I needed some breakfast.
I had a quick shower,  jumped on my bike & rode to Danny K's for an egg sandwich. On my way home I saw a raccoon fall out of a tree (not a long drop) which was some random comedy.
I'm heading back to the beach shortly. I'll do some stand up then another oc paddle. So far, the weather is undecided - sunny, overcast, then sunny again - no rain though! Jeanie wants me to go to a Zumba class at the TS rec centre. I don't really want to - I'm actually trying to locate a yoga group that isn't borderline cult (harder than you would think) - but didn't say 100% no. God, what did I get myself into?
So my afternoon worked out exactly as planned - a little over an hour playing on the sup and then a solid workout on my oc.
One thing I learned (that the guys have known for ages) - having toys like this is a great way to meet fit guys! I met so many people just carrying the board up from the beach and tying it down on the truck. I had no less than 3 guys offer to help me put the board up on the truck.  I lay on the beach for an hour reading and then came home. Jeanie and sad-drunk guy were at the house. He was being his usual obnoxious self and I'd had just a little too much sun to deal so I jumped in the shower with a plan to head down to the sponge docks and get some dinner. Fortunately, they were gone when I got out so I poured myself a glass of wine and sat on the front porch. Jeanie's home now and she's been talking a drinking non-stop since she got back - in fact, the entire time I've been typing this, doing my banking, sending emails etc. I'm going to have to sign off because I feel like I'm being rude (actually she seems completely oblivious to the fact that no one's really listening).

No comments: