Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday was beach day. My car is still in the garage - waiting for the replacement wheel hub to be delivered - so we threw my stand up board on Bob's truck and went to Howard Park Beach. Bob paddled my single over along with Stan, Maria, Karen and Gord.
I gave Katrina some lessons on the board - she's a natural - and the oc group showed up within the hour. Everyone took a turn on the sup and then I paddled my boat back.
When we got back, we grabbed a bunch of sandwiches at Muzzies and took some beer over to Gord's house.
After a nap, we packed up some chairs and snacks, hoodies and blankets and headed to Sunset Beach to watch the sunset and tonight's beach movie - Pink Floyd's The Wall. Triple header because we also got  a primo view of the "super moon". Everyone's so excited because it's the closest the moon has been to the earth in 18 years. The tide is so low. I've never seen it this low but that doesn't mean much. However, the locals say it's the lowest they've seen it. Gord kept making jokes that this is how it looks just before the tsunami rolls in. Click here to see my pics from this vacation.
Katrina got her face painted and a sparkly glow-torch. We drank some wine, ate some popcorn and the snacks we'd brought along. The movie was a fundraiser for the parks and recreation. They sold cardboard bricks for a dollar and you could stack them to build The Wall. They planned to smash down the wall later but due to the R rating, Bob decided it was too much for Katrina about halfway through so we headed home. It was a realy good time. I can't believe I haven't been going to the movie nights in PC's memorial park. I will now though!

No comments: