Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Six Sixes

The Six Sixes is the latest way for women to judge a man's boyfriend potential. Reading down the page, it pretty much rules out every man except Hugh Jackman or Gerard Butler but the theory is simple - you don't have to have all of the sixes but the more you have, the higher your value.
So here they are - The Six Sixes

  • At least SIX feet tall. Sorry Brad Pitt, Jason Statham.
  • A SIX figure salary
  • A SIX pack
  • SIX months or more since your last relationship (to gauge if you're really over them)
  • SIX hundred horsepower under the hood
and of course

  • At least SIX inches
When I was young we just referred to it as the list...no caps or quotes...just the list, my list, your list... we added things to the list or removed things from the list, usually so the current boyfriend/love interest fell within our declared parameters.

I don't remember everything on my list but it included things like;
  • a good sense of humour
  • able to play guitar, bass, keyboard or drums -any instrument found in our favourite bands. Flute was acceptable ONLY if you could play like Jethro Tull
  • athletic. Biceps seemed more important in those days but maybe it's because guys didn't wander around shirtless as much as they do now.
  • a car - preferably one that wasn't held together by bondo
  • decent teeth. This was from my mother but once she mentioned it, I couldn't stop noticing a guy's teeth. Bad teeth became a deal breaker.  Some are just nasty - like there's moss growing on them. Guys, seriously just brush your teeth.
  • a watch
  • at least one pair of good shoes (these were the days when runners were gym shoes and only gym shoes)
Of course, my list was modified over the years based on age and/or circumstances but The Six Sixes have caused me to reconsider my process. I'll post my personal sixes after I've given it some thought.

No comments: