Saturday, July 16, 2011

So really, I don't mind having company. I was just thrown because I didn't initiate it and he was bringing his kid. I thought it over and decided to go ahead. I booked a couple of days off work, brought in some groceries, picked them up at the airport. Within minutes of getting to my house, I found the 9 year old in my room, going through my jewellry boxes. She thought my diamond earrings were really pretty. I think they're pretty too - so, after I'd ushered her out of my room, I put them in a drawer where they'd be safe.
 
We visited the CN Tower, spent the weekend at the race and then I took them to Niagara Falls on Tuesday. Things were good until then, when the 9 year old had a meltdown. After that, I'd had enough.
 
Brad had made plans to have dinner with friends in the beaches on their last night. I really wanted some time to myself so kept saying they could visit their friends without me. Brad seemed to think I was just being polite and kept insisting I join them. The day of, I insisted that I really didn't want to go and Brad said they weren't going either. Great. My quiet night at home was a bust. Even when I went downstairs to watch a show I'd pvred , Brad was sitting there watching sports. I decided to just go to my room and read. They'd be gone in 12 hours and I'd have as much time to myself as I wanted.
 
Such a relief to drop them at the airport! Brad texted me later that they almost missed their flight and when he got home they found the drunk ex-girlfriend changing the locks on the house. crazytown.
 
Lesson learned. Brad and I would have had a really good time if he'd come on his own so I have a new rule - visitors okay but no kids!

No comments: