Saturday, February 04, 2012

A beautiful, sunny day - I was thinking a trip down to Queen West would be a good plan but Ryan was working and the shopping trip just wouldn't be the same without my Q-West sidekick. I decided that downtown Oakville would suffice. When did they dial down the speed limit along Lakeshore Rd, west of Southdown? It's still 70 at the bottom end of Southdown but as soon as you round the bend, it drops to 60.
Oakville didn't disappoint. House Warmings was having a HUGE sale. So big, in fact, that I was concerned they were going out of business. Nope, even better news, they are just making room for the spring shipment. I don't think I've ever spent less at that store. And I came home with more than I usually purchase.
I could have sworn I saw Adam in town but he was across the road, a little too far to catch his attention and I was headed in the opposite direction. I thought he was in Florida but with the Grand Finale of Gold Medal Plates happening in Kelowna next weekend, it's very possible he stopped home on his way there.

At least one pair of petrocan deer have become pets of a sort. They were hanging around at the fence when I went out and when I came back 2 hours later. I imagine they're a good selling feature for the realtor having an open house across the road!

I seriously want to go dancing tonight. A few years ago (okay, a decade), if no one was up for it, I'd have just gone to a giant club around 11pm and done my thing - nobody would notice. But 52 is 52. The last time I went to see a live band at the Hideout , I was just hanging, leaning up against a wall enjoying the music. A guy who was completely stoned and reeked of weed was fascinated with me. He kept asking me who I was, he was guessing along the lines of Chrissy Hines or some ex-Toronto band front-woman. I told him I was no one, I just liked live music, but he wouldn't let it go. It was kind of crazy. I had to go to the ladies and wait a few minutes before I could go back to my wall pillar unmolested. Still, I saw him pointing me out to his friends. Actually, I was fine with that.  Another time I was in a club enjoying the band, I was with friends this time, and a guy asked if I was a narc. I was like, really?? No, not a narc. So what was I doing there? Looking for my kid? I just shook my head and walked away. Anyway, guess I'll be dancing in my living room tonight.

No comments: