Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I caught a virus over the weekend, stayed home from work on Monday, went in to work yesterday (mistake) and was sicker than ever today. Stayed in bed half the day, then spent another few hours lying on the couch reading.
I'm glad I went Chapters shopping before I got sick. Today I cracked the spine on The Art of Fielding, Chad Harbach's debut novel. I was holding onto it until I had time to give it a proper read. I like this part - a very true thing he writes about coaches...
" Schwartz knew that people loved to suffer, as long as the suffering made sense. Everybody suffered. The key was to choose the form of your suffering. Most people couldn't do this alone; you needed a coach. A good coach made you suffer in a way that suited you. A bad coach made everyone suffer in the same way, and so was more like a torturer."


I got bored of reading mid-afternoon but, feeling like a bag of poo, didn't feel like going anywhere. God, my hair and skin are dry. I remembered there was half an avocado going brown in the fridge - no good for eating but perfect for a honey-avocado face mask. I put the leftover in my hair and wrapped it in cling film. I ransacked the baskets in my bathroom, pulling out all the scented gift products I've received - SPA DAY!! After a jacuzzi, I feel much better, softer, smoother and my house smells like shea butter and coconut.

I was talking to Chrissy and she's sick too. I would think that we caught it at Melissa's wedding on Saturday except that it's been going around our office. This week there've been at least four people off sick every day.  Anyway, we both cancelled out of Pilates so Janet is proposing to the group that we go Sunday evening instead. I hope everyone goes for it because I hate to miss a session. I'm going up to Collingwood for the weekend but was coming home Sunday night anyway. You know, I was hoping my flu shot would protect me from stuff like this but I guess not.

No comments: