Thursday, August 03, 2006

I don't know why I dislike Nicole Kidman, I just do. And that's why I find it really annoying that she's been cast as Diane Arbus in the new film "Fur" (due out November 2006).
Arbus is one of my favourite photographers. I even tried to emulate her crude printing
style by filing off the edges of the negative carriers for my enlarger. I own a number of books about her that you're welcome to borrow but Diane Arbus Revelations is always sitting on the coffee table if you want to see some of her work. Anyway, somehow it just seems demeaning that she'll be portrayed by the former Mrs. Tom Cruise but I'm sure I'll get over it long enough to go see the film.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hello from America! lol Just wanted to say I enjoyed reading your posts - got here through the random shuffle at Blogger. I'll have to come visit again...