Sunday, August 13, 2006

I was looking for phone numbers of relatives in Saskatchewan and when I googled their name, found my cousin's blog, http://wolseleytc.blogspot.com/ . I haven't seen some of these relatives in over a decade, maybe two for others! Even though I'm Toronto born and raised, my parents made sure we stayed securely tied to our prairie roots. As kids, we were in Wolseley every few summers so it was fun to read stories about town and family events and see photos of the Swinging Bridge and Fairy Lake . I left a comment for my cousin and he emailed me right back. Hopefully I'll be able to get up to Wolseley for at least a day while I'm out there.

So the weekend was pretty packed! I dog-sat for Carrie so she could race for G&G. I introduced Lola to Hawkeye outside of the house. He wasn't too impressed but once I took them to the leash-free it was obvious that he was prepared to treat her as a family member. He ran interference between her and every dog she made contact with - which was basically every dog! Lola loves everyone and everyone loves Lola! Look at this face - what's not to love? Those two little fangs kill me.



After Carrie picked Lola up, I headed to Brampton to see Lori and John's new baby, Steven. He is easily the most beautiful (and tiniest) baby I've ever seen. Anyway, I got to hold him and he was a sweetheart the whole time I was there.

As I was heading home, I noticed a message on my cell. It was Johnny O. He'd had emergency wisdom tooth surgery earlier in the day. Poor guy was home alone, didn't have anything to eat and couldn't drive because of the painkillers. I picked him up a Gatorade and a Wendy's frosty but he couldn't even eat the frosty.

On Sunday, Ryan, Courtney and I took my dad out for lunch. Ryan's doing Life Drawing (nude models) and brought along some of his sketches that are up on eBay. I had actually bid on two of the pieces. I lost one and won the other. He says he would have just given it to me if he'd known but I don't mind. I'm pretty pleased that he's doing so well. Now I just have to figure out where to display "Black Male - Torso" because you know there'll be raised eyebrows no matter what! Hey, is it my imagination or is there a vague resemblance to Everton??



I ended the weekend at Wakestock. I love Toronto Island but it may not be the best location for this event. Site lines are really poor (except in the VIP tent to which I did NOT have access) but after watching a few athletes do their runs, I checked out the vendor village - lots of bands, great gear, skateboard competitions and wakeboard demos at the Oakley launch pool. I even wrote my motorboat operators licence while I was there. I had an awesome weekend!

No comments: