Friday, August 11, 2006

I usually spend my lunch hour lying on the deck of the city-run pool across the road. When I got there today, there was a huge sign, "CLOSED BY the City of Toronto Public Health Department" on the door. Phew, glad I don't swim there, I'm just trying to even up my hideous spandex tan. Anyway, I figured I'd use the time to update my sorely neglected blog.

Things I did last weekend;

Sara L. was in from Halifax (so she could race with the women's team) and after I picked her up at the airport and we had breakfast at Cora's, we headed up to Bala for Blake's training camp. Fun times.
Since Sara's never been to Toronto we headed downtown on Sunday. First to the AGO for Andy Warhol Supernova. Good exhibit. Always cool to see an iconic image like Elvis I & II in person.


David Cronenberg was guest curator so each image was described in his funereal monotone. Perfect for this exhibit. The image that was most disturbing and my favourite was 1947 White. I can't find a decent picture of it. It was very beautiful and I can see why the image caught Warhol's attention in the first place.
After the AGO we went shopping on Queen Street, stopped for lunch at Sushi Place and in the evening we watched Run Lola Run - I'd forgotten what a great movie that is! Oh and my friend (and Jess's bf) Del fixed all of the dumb plumbing problems that have been plaguing me for the last year and a half. Thank YOU, Del!
On Monday, I paddled (Sara's retired at age 20 and went for a marathon walk instead). Around dinner time we went to see Talladega Nights to keep our minds off the next days' races. Good choice. Very funny. I will probably go see it again!
That's it for now. I'm kind of excited about baby-sitting Lola so Carrie can race downtown. I haven't had a puppy for awhile - Hawkeye doesn't know what he's in for...

No comments: