Friday, November 16, 2007

I got most of my hair cut off....and I'm so pleased with the results! (sorry about the in-your-face face. Just wanted to show off the new do)



I love my stylist, Victor. I've been going to him since I was 26 and he's never given me a bad cut, bad colour or bad advice. I've been with Victor longer than I was with either of my husbands, in fact, longer than both of my marriages combined. Okay, TMI but the point is we're good friends and know more about each other than many couples. Do most women have such long-term relationships with their stylists?
I guess it helps that we have a lot in common; our sons are about the same age and of similar temperament, we take any opportunity to travel and we both have problems with the men in our lives. I just happened to have an appointment with him the week my dog died and we consoled each other because his dog had died the same day. Don't ask me why but it was comforting somehow - it's one of those situations when you can't be empathetic unless you're actually going through it.
For awhile during the `90s his salon was on the ground floor of one of the best plastic surgery clinics in Toronto and I got lots of dirt on which celebrities had work done, often encountering them in the shared waiting room. All I can say is don't believe infommercials where a certain local celebrity claims, "this face cream has kept me looking young without plastic surgery!" and don't get me started on a particular former mayor.
Anyway, besides all of his great character traits, he's one of the city's best colourists and an amazing stylist. Last night I took in People magazine, pointed to a photo of Jody Foster and said, "That style." Then pulled a photo of Drew Barrymore from a magazine in the waiting area for the colour. He executed it perfectly while we chatted about our current relationships. Better than therapy! LOVE Victor!

1 comment:

Bergique said...

LOVE the new do! In-your-face is okay by me too!