Sunday, November 25, 2007

It was a beautiful day here so I decided to spend it in Kensington Market. I wasn't shopping for anything specific but that's the beauty of the market - you might not know you were looking for something until you see it.
I spent a couple of hours down there and came away with some ideas for Christmas gifts as well as some pots & pans which I needed to replace the various that have lost handles and their teflon coating.
I also picked up fruit and some rice snacks while fortifying myself with a latte and red bean dumpling.

Late in the afternoon I headed home and decided to pick up my dinner at Burrito Boys in PC. Walking over from the canoe club I took some shots of the shoreline and the low water levels.
A little Google research when I got home turned up the following - Lake Ontario is 8 inches below average and 17 inches below last year's levels. One report states that a Level 2 low water condition has been declared but the only defining information provided with this is that a Level 3 condition, which has never been issued in Ontario, would mean mandatory water conservation measures. As much as I don't like the idea of being buried all winter, I really hope we get lots of snow!

No comments: