Thursday, December 20, 2007

It turns out the problem was my SI. Kara was able to fix me up (she's at Nancy's clinic now) and the worst of the pain is gone. The rest will go with time and exercise. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly and efficiently our bodies deal with chronic pain.
The thing about going to Nancy's clinic (Physical Edge in Oakville) is you're basically hanging out with paddlers so it's not really like a medical appointment. Plus there are always new pics on the wall of fame. Most are practitioners at the clinic but I always run into other paddlers seeking treatment. Last night it was Dray. He had landed funny while playing basketball - as he described it, his knee just kind of popped out and then back into the socket - so Karen and Kara taped him up and sent him home with a splint for sleeping. I've go that residual tenderness from having an area worked on but the added bonus (for me anyway) is that Kara trains with us at Revolution and can help modify our circuit so I don't do anything stupid. Thanks Kara!

No comments: