Thursday, December 27, 2007

so. Christmas was pretty awful this year. I'm glad it's over. That's all I'm going to say about that.

After a week of actually cooking meals for myself (eg egg & sausage for breakfast, meat + two veg for dinner) I've decided that I must be a vegetarian by nature. A second turkey dinner last night seemed to put the cap on my life as a carnivore. I can feel myself sweating animal fat out during training. On the plus side (and size), it's keeping my cheeks chubby which cuts down on wrinkles. I'm going to make a t-shirt, "My fountain of Youth contains trans fats".
Any of my clothes that were within a 50 ft radius of the kitchen smell like roasting turkey, onion and herbs. That's not a bad smell when you haven't eaten for hours and are just arriving home but not something I want to face every time I put my coat on. And it didn't help that I had to pick through the carcass after boiling it for soup. Yep. Leek and potato soup is my new favourite.
What? Turkey stock is the best soup base? Ugh...

No comments: