Tuesday, January 08, 2008

As always, the universe has a way of balancing the good & bad. My day did improve yesterday.

A) I received a really great voicemail from last saturday night's date (I'm not sure if it's going anywhere...maybe one more date before I say something).

B) I got a call from a former hook-up and we had a really nice conversation that was ... just nice. Nice when things end and you're still friends, nice that he still wants to know how I'm doing (and it's not 2:00am), nice to have coffee & a convo to look forward to...

C) did heavy weights at the gym and nothing hurt even though I'd upped the load.

D) the mail-lady brought;
i) a refund cheque from Enersource because I've cut down on my electrical consumption so much. Really it's just because past roommates who were home for most of the day have moved out but a refund is a refund! Am I right? This also translates into a 10% reduction of my regular bill.
ii) a notice that the credit limit has been raised on one of my credit cards! I realize that's a double-edged sword but yay for good credit!
iii) an accounting of my Aeroplan miles and a list of the cruises and vacations I could take for next to nothing!

E) my gmail brought;
i) an invitation to a free Lululemon session with a life coach. I would never hire one on my own but it's always great to have a positive outside force provide motivation for the new year.
ii) notice of a 50% off sale at Ninewest (so I can proudly walk the second floor at work!)
ii) an invitation to a friend's condo in Collingwood for the weekend. Should I snowboard? X-country? Snowshoe? Lounge eating bon-bons? Decisions...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear that things turned around..they have a way of doing that.

And regarding point A..where's the positive attitude?

Happy New Year