Friday, March 06, 2009

No news came through the night and I expected the worst this morning. I was surprised to see that his daughter, my cousin Susan, had posted a message on Facebook shortly after midnight asking friends to pray for a miracle. He is still in this!

This morning at 9:30, more than 24 hours after he went in for surgery, I received a text from Susan. Unbelievably good news! Graham's made it through the night. His heart stopped for 2 minutes sometime during the night (I guess that was the code blue) but he's still in there, fighting for his life. He's developed a slight fever so they have fans all around the room. I called Susan right away. She understandably sounds strung as thin as wire but is hopeful. Enough so that they were able to convince her mom to go back to a friend's to get a few hours sleep.

I guess this is when religious people would pray and it would be so much easier to have that outlet. Instead I'm sending all my love, good thoughts, calm, regular pulsing thoughts towards Saskatchewan.

No comments: