Monday, March 02, 2009

Just a couple more days before I'm out of the cold and wind!! Three weeks in Costa Rica is the best cure I could think of for this winter of my discontent. And when I get home it should be spring...

One day last week, I think it was Friday, it was incredible in the morning +9, but the temp fell steadily over the course of the day until it was -25 in the evening.

I had dropped by Jackie and Blake's in the evening (missed Sydney who was already in bed) and got home shortly after midnight. I heard a loud bang from my bedroom. I went upstairs and heard a couple more loud bangs before deciding it was just the house timbers cracking. All that moisture generated by thaw and then extreme temperature drop.

I spent Saturday morning at the nail place in Credit Landing - personal maintenance. It's been ages since I've had a pedicure. Transforming into my summer self!

No comments: