Saturday, October 10, 2009

I was hoping to get down to the club this morning but I had to wait for the dishwasher installation guy to come. He actually showed up around the time he said he would. The appliances in my house are gradually breaking so I'm replacing them one by one. By the time he was finished, I didn't have much time to do anything so just ran errands until it was time to catch the Go down to the TFC game.
The game started at 4:00 so I opted for the later train at 3:38. It meant I missed the start of the game but I'm never too worried about that. Ryan was already down there and I had just texted him that I'd be there soon and to pick me up a beer when there was a loud bang and the window of the seat in front of me shattered - not inward, it stayed intact as they're intended but it was wrecked. The guy beside me said it had been a huge rock. Crazy.
To be honest, the game wasn't anything special. We scored early on but then let in a goal at the 90 minute mark (esquire added time). What a waste.
Danielle called me while we were hanging around waiting for the stands to clear. She was down in the beer garden. We headed over and the guys couldn't decide what they wanted to do, have a beer or leave immediately. Roche settled it by going up and ordering for everyone. I had just gotten the high sign that my ride was leaving when I finally saw Danielle and her cute boy. She's only been away at school for 6 weeks but already she looks older - and so pretty! Actually, she and the boy made a really attractive couple (which, for the record, they're not).
The boys taking the GO back to Clarkson were well-oiled and I was just as happy to catch the ride offered by Jeff. He dropped me at my car and I decided to pick up some last minute items for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Ryan's coming over early.
I have to be at the airport Monday morning for a 6am flight so want to be in bed fairly early.

No comments: