Friday, September 24, 2010

Record-setting 31 degrees today. Driving to work was difficult. I had my new Bark board on the roof of my car and each time I passed an opening where I could see the lake, I had the STRONGEST urge to drive to the beach and go for a paddle. I should have done it!
I think I may have had the perfect evening..
I was able to pick up a fanny-pack life jacket at West Marine so I don't have to wait to paddle on the lake (or worse, wear a regular pfd).
I came home and ate something, waiting for the 75km winds to die down and took my board for it's first paddle.
I genuinely love stand-up. I mean, you know how you try something new and it's fun but then you invest in all the gear, you may not be as driven or don't like it as much as you thought. Then the next year it's collecting dust in the garage? I love this sport.
Anyway, I paddled until it got dark and had a giant smile the entire time.
I came home and had eggplant parmesan, a glass of wine.
Weird Science was on tv.
Little Miss Sunshine was on tv.
I feel fine.
I can even ignore the giant QEW star I got in my windshield from an 18 wheeler at lunchtime.

No comments: