Wednesday, December 08, 2010

So last night I was pretty tired after my workout at Peter's. I ate a quick dinner and was in bed reading by 9:30. I couldn't settle though and out of the blue I started thinking about going to New Orleans on the weekend. I've never been there before but at 2,084kms distance, not a simple weekend destination.
I lay there for about an hour while I debated the crazy quotient. Telling myself on the one hand that adults shouldn't act on such impulse but on the other, remembering that the last time I felt so driven I joined a d-boat program at work. That led to sprint, outrigger, standup paddling and all kinds of life-quality goodness. So, important points made, I was wondering why there can't just be a significant sign to indicate the best decision...
Cue the computer - just as I was thinking that, I heard my computer boot up in the other room. This happens occassionally when the furnace starts or some other unexplained household vibration wakes the machine out of sleep mode but under the circumstances, I couldn't help but laugh. And I couldn't ignore it either. I finally got up, logged on and checked cheap flight webpages. I wasn't really surprised to see a seat sale - $197 direct flight to Nola. Not bad when compared to other flights that were double and triple the price with 1 or two connections. I started to book but cancelled when I saw there were approximately 80 seats still available. Telling myself to sleep on it - I could still book it in the morning -  I was about to go to bed but just couldn't let it go. I logged on again and when I saw that 20 seats had been snapped up in the past 5 minutes, I just gave up and booked it.

I'm so stoked for this trip! I'm staying in the French Quarter and, even though this is mostly a sightseeing and shopping trip, I've already narrowed down my evening entertainment through this insider breakdown of the local scene.

2 comments:

Chrissy Wessman said...

i know why you really like that flow chart thing - but really Lynne, "boobs"?!


haha, have fun mate!

Lynne said...

I'm not sure what you would do there but I followed the path related to music (real, not shitty). And a little tip, you wouldn't need to go to a strip club. I saw plenty of boobs on Bourbon St. The later it got, the more boobs were popping out!