Thursday, December 30, 2010

I wouldn't say the holidays went by too quickly but that's probably because I didn't take any extra time off and continued to work through. We had a bunch of extra days off to make up for Remembrance Day and the fact that holidays fell on Saturday. The season fell a little flat for me what with our family getting smaller and Ryan being away in Australia but there were highlights that made up for that:
Pete and Sarah's Fake New Year party on Dec. 23rd. This is always a fun event. Low stress & well-attended...
It was so great to see everyone - some I haven't seen in ages; Sarah, Christina, Kris, Les, Tamas & Steph, Conor, PJ, Rachel E. as well as those I see all the time, Pete, Attila, Eve & Cliff... I didn't take any photos but I think Sarah took some so I'll harvest her fb photo albums...

I had cancelled out of christmas dinner, telling my sister I'd be heading up north for a few days of x-country. To make up for it, Laurel and Tara came down to Port Credit for lunch on christmas eve day. I had a low-grade UTI that I thought I could treat by eating loads of pineapple and drinking cranberry juice. (What? Too much info? It's my blog - you don't like it, go read the Huffington Post). As luck would have it, the infection escalated the morning of our lunch date. Do I cancel so I can go to my doctor's in Markham or a walk-in clinic before they close for 3 days or do I tough it out? If I cancelled on lunch, my sister would think it was personal so I toughed it out. I spent the next few days in a fog of abdominal pain and fever until Clarkson's walk-in clinic opened again on Monday.
In spite of that, I visited my Dad on Christmas morning and took some presents to our favourite nurses and the caregivers. Laurel and Tara were there too so we had some more laughs. My poor Dad. He's so used to absolute quiet - our giggling and chattering must make him crazy but he can't say anything.
On the way home I stopped at the big Shoppers in Port Credit, surprised it was open actually, and ran into Greg. Too funny. He was buying Tammy's present (it's okay, she knows the whole story). They had discussed not getting presents for each other but then she'd gotten him a bunch. He invited me to drop by after dinner which was super nice but I was looking forward to just getting home and lying down.

No comments: