Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stupid weathermen. They said there'd be thunderstorms when I got off of work and because it was pouring rain, high winds and a black, black cloud overhead I believed them. I didn't go paddling even though I was dying to - doing an hour on the eucalyptical instead (that's what Stringer calls it). When I came upstairs it seemed to be clearing up so I checked tv and internet weather. Nope, they said a string of thunderstorms were coming across from Niagara and would be in the area all night. Aaagh, tantrums, mayhem, TORNADOES!!!
I ate my dinner. I looked at Jimmy Kimmel interviews on gluetube. I drummed my fingers on the desk. Then the sun broke through just as I was cooking dinner. Absolute b.s.
After I ate, I jumped on my bike and peddled down to Waterside thinking it would make me feel better if I saw thunderclouds or lightning over the lake. No. It was a beautiful night - sunny and there was a warm west wind ruffling the water.
Balls.
I could have gone out for a really great paddle. The one redeeming factor is that I found a couple of new spots to put my boat in so I don't have to go to Jack Darling on a summer afternoon.

No comments: