Sunday, February 19, 2006


I love weddings!
P.B. & S.M tied it up this weekend at the Old Mill. The chapel was packed - S.R.O.
The bride was giddy and gorgeous and her declaration of "Absolutely - I will!" when the priest asked if she would take P. as her husband made everyone laugh. During the speeches, she put on quite an impressive display of linguistics - thanking family and friends in Hungarian. A.B. confirmed that it was perfect! Is that what she was doing in Korea?? Learning Hungarian?
There were lots of people I haven't seen in awhile, J.S. flew home for the weekend, all of V.O.C. were there. So nice to see C.S. who left the women's team to finish her law studies. She's still got 18 months to go but says she can sue someone for $10,000 or less if needed.

S.F. told me he recently won a singing contest at the "Raid the North" adventure race with his rendition of Hendrix' "Fire". I'm not going to lie, he's a good singer but I wouldn't think his interpretation of Jimi would be award winning. Then he told me that while he was singing, his gf L. got up and danced in some skimpy panties that said "Raid the South". Hmmm. Hands up those who think Scott did not win based on his talents...
It was also great to see the godfather of dragon boat and his lady - FH and JV. J was on her way to Singapore and arranged things so she could be in T.O. for the wedding before flying out of YYZ.
I wish I had gotten photos of everyone but my camera batteries tanked. Don't be fooled - even rechargable batteries stop charging after awhile. Fortunately, T-bone got some great shots of the wedding – click here to check them out…

Anyway, congratulations S. & P. - it was a great party for a wonderful couple!

No comments: