Wednesday, February 08, 2006

We celebrated M.R.'s birthday last night at the Drake Hotel. Dinner was Winterlicious and, while it’s always great to see the fabulous Dish, it was especially wonderful to see S.N. and S.R.. It’s been far too long and we’re planning many more evenings. I anticipate getting into some scrapes with these 3 – S.N. and S.R. will talk our way into it and M.R. will talk our way out. I will be the older, more responsible individual, holding coats, purses and jewellery when the trouble starts.
While we were in Berlin, our Fat Tire Bike tour guide had this amazing courier-style bag with "BERLIN" across the flap. He told us where we could buy it but we never made it to the store. I was very excited when I found them online because it's the perfect memento of our gold-medal experience in Germany! They even give you an alternate flap and M.R.'s is a map of the city.


Earlier this week, my favourite nerd (my son) sent me this picture he took of Saturn. He has an outrageous, Hubble-type telescope and camera attachment – this is a real photo…
...taken from his front yard
...of Saturn
...in the sky.
Very cool.


Please Note: I've updated my template so I can attach links to interesting sites. Check out "A Change is as Good as a Rest" to see what J.S. has been up to since she moved to B.C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't for the next outing! That was a blast -- and I love this website! SN xo